VII International Forum on Elite Sport, Paris (France)
141 Paticipants from 26 Countries
INSEP, PARIS , FRANCE
On CANAL-INSEP Link at right, you will find all recorded presentations
Sunday, August 28th, 2011
14:00 - 21:00 Arrival to INSEP, 11 avenue du tremblay, 75012 PARIS Conference Registration
17:00 - 19:00 Board Meeting (Present Board Members Only)
Monday, August 29th, 2011
09:00 - 12:00 Conference registration
09:00 - 09:30 Welcom and Opening of the General Assembly (T.MAUDET,J.LAHTINEN)
09:30 - 10:30 General Assembly
11:00 - 12:30 Continental Meetings
15:30 - 16:30 Opening Conference (TBA Personality to choose)
17:00 - 18:30 Visit of the Institute
19:30 Opening Reception (INSEP)
Tuesday, August 30th, 2011
Forum A: Elite sport athletes' education and career: Is the <<dual project>> still relevant today? How does it work?
09:00 - 10:30 3 issues presented by a sport federation manager:
Constraints of sport performance (volume and training hours, professional trainings, competition frequency, national and international levels…).TENNIS SPANISH CAR SC ( Carles Vicens Development Coach Spanish Federation)
Elite athletes’ professionalization (earnings, relations with the media, role of sports agents, cultural aspects, elite athletes and pension rights,...). Mr. Antti Paananen, High Performance Director, Finnish Volleyball Federation
Athletes’ full availability to prepare the Olympics (1 or even 2 years before the Olympics Games): interests? Risks? Implementation terms? ROWING USA CHULA VISTA
Answers from 4 Elite Sport Centers
11:00 - 11:30 Precisions (reports, conclusions) given by a European study on the « dual project » (sport and studies) of young elite athletes across Europe (TAJ INEUM CONSULTING)
11:30 - 12:15 Round tables with athletes, coaches and training centers managers: « Should we –and if yes, why and how– welcome athletes in Elite Sport Centers for more than one Olympiad? (Life project, personal development, health issues, motivation, challenge…). (SPANISH SYNCHRO TEAM (Anna Tarres, Head Coach Spanish Team) – GERMAN COACH – US TRACK & FIELD)
Forum B: Management and Leadership
14:00 - 14:20 Opening Conference to the two topics (D. HENWOOD)
14:30 - 15:45 Group Discussions
*Group 1: Leadership strategy and managament or an Elite Sport center.
> How to manage the <<Elite Sport Center>> company in the long run?
> Organization of the center, activity controls (quality controls), mechanisms and systems for the results assessment.
> Staff management
# What consequences can a change in the executive staff have in Elite Sport Centers? External and internal point of view
# How to transmit the notion of <<services>>?
#How to encourage collaboration and <<companionship>> to bring some extra-values?
* Group 2: Sport goals (results) and technical management of an Elite Sport Center
> How to improve high performance training in a multidisciplinary environment?
> How to create synergies to improve performance?
Forum C: Development
16:30 - 16:50 Opening Conference to the three topics
17:00 - 18:00 Group Discussions
* Group 1: Daily watch (monitoring) and benchmarking in Elite Sport Centers (organitzation, tool and applications) (H. SANDERS)
> How to anticipate the evolutions in performance and elite sport? How are these evolutions taken into account by elite sport centers?
> What are the great trends of change in elite sport centers?
* Group 2: Management of Training Centers (choice of audiences) (T. SOUTCLIFE)
> Sport Centers management: what distribution between permanent athletes and training camps? What possibilities in choosing permanent elite athletes?
> Services for athletes, coaches, are they billed? Why? How?
> Optimization of equipment use and especially sport facilities.
> What services form professional sports?
* Group 3: The National network of Elite Sport Centers MR. Nigel Walker, Director, The English Institute of Sport EIS
> Devolution - centralization of centers? Examples.
> Specialized center, multisport centers: any synergy? Any competition?
> Within a country, do sport centers work as a network? Yes, No. If yes, why? What sort of management? What is the efficiency of a structured network? Any reciprocal services? What costs? what prices?
18:00 - 19:30 Relaxation and sports facilities (fitness room, swimming-pool, balneotherapy,…)
20:00 - Dinner “Discovery of the French gastronomy” (INSEP)
Wednesday, August 31th, 2011
Forum D: Innovations and technologies for athletes’ training in Elite Sport Centers
09:00 - 12:00 Opening conference: A. BACA (AUT) and/or M. LAMES (GER)
- Computer applications for sport. Database Video Management ( C. Miyaji, JISS)
- Real Time Training Model on a WiFi venue. Coach / Athlete Interaction (J.Escoda, CAR SANT CUGAT)
- Multi-level Data Management & Reporting for Sport - (Don Devenney CAN)
- Sport Management System (T. Sutclife, S.Lawrence & R.Braxton)
- GlobalSportJobs- Jobs in Sport on the Network at services (Will Lloyd- SportJobs)
13:30 - 15:00 Partners or future partners exhibition (technical or technological) and/or visit of specific services (medical, education, documents, knowledge spreading, training, research,…)
Forum E – HP CENTRES Offer and Demand
15:00 - 17:00 Opening conference: D.HENWOOD / J.LAHTINEN
- Yassine Yousfi IOC OS Programs and Centers
- Kimmo Yli-Jaskari Kuortane (FIN) - Organization of IAAF Training Centers System
- Resources and Economical Challenges in the world of training centers, Steve Lawrences (AUS), Tracy Lamb / Mike English (USA) (Mr. Mikko Levola, Director, HPC Pajulahti (FINLAND) Models Discussion
17:00 - 18:00 General Assembly and Closing of the Forum
- Signing Members
- Momentum plaques Presentations
- Next FORUM 2013 Agreements Signing
19:00 - till Closing Reception (PARIS)
Thursday, September 1st, 2011
Social Programs – Special Tours
Friday, September 2nd, 2011